Thursday 1 December 2011

Attawapiskat First Nation

I am a student at the Native Education College in Vancouver BC I am from Six nation reserve on the grand river. I am studying Aboriginal Criminal Justice, we at the college would like to know what we can do to help our first nation people in any way. Please forward any information that will be useful to us.

This is becoming a topic with in our class studies, we look at the economy and governments look at aboriginal peoples in Canada. We wonder how the injustice has continued through out the years of the settlers discoveries of our people. we ask how in 2011 can this from of neglect go on toward the aboriginal peoples of Canada?.

I feel the government of Canada needs to stop making excuses and do something, there are children suffering, or do they not care its cold and people need help. As the government heads set and enjoy their warmth from their fires at Christmas I do hope they will see past their dinner table to pray for the ones that do not have with in a country that is rich. Stop pointing a finger in blame and do some thing. Place your family where the people of Attawapiskat First Nation are right now, then tell me Canada how does it feel. Please send me any information in order to help our people for the Government of Canada is to busy pointing fingers.

I thank you

No comments: